Hello Fam. I hope we are fine and staying safe. Due to the pandemic we are required to “stay at home and stay safe” but this shouldn’t be an avenue for laying all day in your pj’s and doing nothing. Rather it should be a time to build ourselves spiritually as daughters of Zion, and along put an effort in daily self care and that brings me to today’s blog post. In this lockdown edition I’ll be sharing with you top 8 beauty tips for the Christian woman
- Sleep : this might look like the perfect time to catch up on your favorite things ranging from books to talks and also movies but it is important for you to get the required sleep needed by your body and also be able to do day to day activities including bible study and praying.
- Exercise : Staying in one place all day is bad for our body, dear sister its more than staying in shape it entails moving our joints and bones to make it stronger.
- Stay hydrated: Water is life as the population saying goes, knowing fully well that we need to drink from the river of life to quench our Spiritual thirst, how much more our physical bodies?. Water not only helps in keeping us hydrated it also helps in giving our skin a healthy glow.
- Eat healthy : Take foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals like iron and zinc, don’t feed on junk foods.
- Bath: As simple as it sounds, most sisters find themselves lazing around and end up just bathing once a day. Sis its time to take care of your body which is also the temple of the Lord so pamper yourself, bath as much as you want.
- Exfoliate :From time to time we find dead skin/cells on our body so its best to exfoliate and get rid of them. One major method is the use of the popular exfoliating stone asides Scrubs and brushes so relax you don’t need to order for scrubs here and there. You can also use this time learn home made scrubs(they are all over the internet)
- Moisturize: I guess after exfoliating the next thing is to moisture that skin, don’t give the excuse of not going anywhere. Use those toners, eye cream and oils you have. This also speaks to naturalists reading this, it may look like little but that coconut oil or Shea butter will go a long way on your skin this period.
- Take care of your hair: The salon may be closed but your hands aren’t, take your time to learn new protective styles, hair do and routines especially to our natural hair community you can avoid a lot of breakages and knots in your hair with that knowledge .
Taking out time to care for ourselves boosts confidence in young Christian Women so don’t just stay home, stay healthy stay beautiful and stay confidence.